Take me out of the dark


Just what is it in me?  Sometimes I just don’t know,
What keeps me in Your love, why You never let me go
And though You’re in me now I fall and hurt You still,
My Lord, please show me how to know just how you feel.

You have forgiven me too many times it seems.
I feel I’m not what you might call a worthy Christian after all,
An though I love you so temptation finds its way to me

Teach me to trust in You with all of my heart
Lean not on my own understanding.
‘Cause I forget You won’t give me what I can’t bear
Take me out of the dark, my Lord
I don’t wanna be there… oooh…

You never left my side.  You gave your hand to me
To hold You, Oh Jesus, I’m no longer in the cold
And yet I leave you there, when I feel satisfied
I’d like to thank you everyday not only when I feel that way

I’ve never known a man who’d give his life for sinners like me,
And yet because He loves us all,  He’s promised us eternity
And we can have that promise if we have faith and just believe

Teach us to trust in You with all our hearts
To lean not on my own understanding.
‘Cause we forget You won’t give us what we can’t bear
Take us out of the dark, my Lord
‘Cause we don’t want to be alone
Take us out of the dark, my Lord
We don’t wanna be there, my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts

Posts in our Archive