Pages

Light to the nations


I hear a voice calling out my name
Telling me to come out of the dark.
Out of the dark and into the light
Into the light of life.

I hear a voice calling me by name
Telling me to prepare the way.
Spread the word, the word of love
Spread the news, the news of life
And I can hear the voice say…

I am the Lord your God.
I knew you before you were born.
You are my friend, and you are my instrument.
Through you I will bring light to the nations

But why me Lord, I am not worthy,
I am young and I am weak.
I’m not a prophet, I’m not a king
Yet you’ve called me to conquer nations

I have searched all of my life
For love, only to find
Pain and scorn and briar and thorn
How can I live until the morn
And then I heard the voice say…

I have felt your pain,
And I have cried your endless tears.
I will be your rock, and I will be your healer.
Trust in me, I will be your guide

I am the Lord your God,
I knew you before you were born.
You are my friend, and you are my instrument,
Through you I will bring light to the nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts

Posts in our Archive