Love Never Fails

1. If I speak with the tongues of the earth,

If the angels fill my mouth,

Yet do not have love, I am but a sound.

If I prophesy and understand all things,

If mountains shake by my faith,

without Love I am nothing at all.


Refrain:

Love is patient; love is kind.

Love rejoices in the truth.

It bears all things, believes all things,

It hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails.


2. If I give away everything I own, Give my body to be burned,

Yet do not have love, I gain nothing more.

Prophecies will cease;

tongues will be silent.

Knowledge will be no more, the partial pass away.

Refrain


3. When I was a child, I talked, thought, and live like a child.

But now that I have grown, I have put these things aside.

My knowledge is imperfect now, then I'll know as I am known:

that faith, hope and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.


David Haas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts

Posts in our Archive